Dear Readers...

Welcome to my blog !

I hope that you'll enjoy it enough to return and stay around long enough to know more about my life. This entry is the first in over a year because I did not have an outlet for my writings. The beginnings of the blog, dating back to '05, will be posted as soon as I can get it typed and mailed out of here, that will take a few more weeks cause it's in population while I'm in segregation. Oh, I began this blog to give people an insight into how my life would change by going from death row to adjusting to life in a regular prison population. Please stick around, I promise it will get better.

Gary Hart's Facebook profile

Thursday, September 27, 2007

August 30, 2007

9:46pm

Today I was given another job as a 1st shift dorm cleaner. No, I didn't want another job but it's part of the territory of going to jail. Plus, the Lt. that makes the decisions is also over the law library and has been after me to return to work, something I've avoided because he hired a rat (snitch) while I was gone. Actually I believe that decision came from his superiors, but that doesn't matter to me. This rat is so obnoxious that I fear being around him because of what can happen, he acts like telling will prevent someone from hitting him in his mouth, so I stay away cause I'm not into going to jail. Anyway, the Lt. is letting me have my way and at the same time showing me that he's in control.

I'm now required to wake up by 7:30am and clean the dorm while everyone is either forced outside or asleep. The work may mean cleaning the showers, sinks, toilets, sweeping and mopping. Occasionally dorm cleaners have to spray the dorm down with a high pressure sprayer, that requires moving all the bunks around and getting all that water up. I'll give this a try but eventually I'm going back in the law library. Just like the police - a little labor can make me appreciate what I had.

No comments: