Dear Readers...

Welcome to my blog !

I hope that you'll enjoy it enough to return and stay around long enough to know more about my life. This entry is the first in over a year because I did not have an outlet for my writings. The beginnings of the blog, dating back to '05, will be posted as soon as I can get it typed and mailed out of here, that will take a few more weeks cause it's in population while I'm in segregation. Oh, I began this blog to give people an insight into how my life would change by going from death row to adjusting to life in a regular prison population. Please stick around, I promise it will get better.

Gary Hart's Facebook profile

Thursday, June 7, 2007

May 5, 2007 - Racism

Whenever someone comes into seg. everyone wants to know who they are and what they did. Well, I’m no different except that everyone seems surprised that I’m here, police and inmates. Once I reveal the charges and describe the incident they really can’t believe it, not because they think I don’t violate the rules but they know the charges are ridiculous and that Lt. Raines is not seen as a friend to a Black man.

Yes, there was definitely racism involved cause he wouldn’t have thought twice if he’d seen me standing near some the white officers that usually have the main hall or if there hadn’t been a new white woman in central. Racism isn’t an illusion, it just manifests itself in ways that most black and white people are unable to detect, blame that on miseducation.

No comments: