Dear Readers...

Welcome to my blog !

I hope that you'll enjoy it enough to return and stay around long enough to know more about my life. This entry is the first in over a year because I did not have an outlet for my writings. The beginnings of the blog, dating back to '05, will be posted as soon as I can get it typed and mailed out of here, that will take a few more weeks cause it's in population while I'm in segregation. Oh, I began this blog to give people an insight into how my life would change by going from death row to adjusting to life in a regular prison population. Please stick around, I promise it will get better.

Gary Hart's Facebook profile

Thursday, June 7, 2007

May 4, 2207

This morning I watched an inmate go home and seeing his freedom being returned to him has me thinking of my quest for freedom. Over 17.5 years for me to go from a death sentence to a life without the possibility of parole sentence, at this rate I’ll be at least 50 before I’m free.

One of the reasons I’m upset about being in seg. Is I’m not able to use the phone like I need to at this time. The law firm that has represented me since ’92 is dissolving May 31st and I need the phone in order to figure out who’ll be my lawyer, that’s if another firm can be convinced to accept my case pro bono (free). The lawyers will be scattered here and there so hopefully one of my current attorneys can convince their new firms to accept my case. Problems like his give me reason to worry, but one can’t overlook the positives that can come from this. One could be that new lawyers may finally find what is needed to overturn my conviction and another is that the peril of being without lawyers has spurred me to learn more about the law in case the day comes when I’m without lawyers.

No comments: